Scenic & Peaceful
Greater Deal Island
Activities: bird watching, bike riding, canoeing, fishing, kayaking, photography, power boating, sailing, waterfowl hunting & walking.
- Wholesale Seafood; fish, oysters, crab, etc
- Residential Real Estate; new construction, "teardowns" and re-sales
- Retail Shopping: other than 3 small market type stores, the nearest shopping area is a half hour away.
Where to stay: this area has a "Martha's Vineyard" circa 1950, 60's feel to it. Accommodations such as whole house rentals, B & B's and hotels are far a few between. Send email inquiries to .
Where to eat: 2 of the 3 small market stores have delis & all 3 have snacks & beverage…2 sell gasoline & alcoholic beverage. And, most folks do the 30 minute car ride "in to town" to Princess Anne to shop at the grocery store. Also, restaurants are non-existent; again that would be a trip to Princess Anne and/or another 20 minutes to Salisbury.
How to get there:
- by car: approximately 55 minutes southwest of Delaware/Maryland State Line. Take Rt.13 South to Deal Island Road West (Rt. 363)
- by air: Salisbury Regional Airport has daily flights from Philadelphia, Reagan National & BWI (Baltimore) Airports. For airport ground transportation in the U.S. go to: www.theairportshuttle.com and click on the Groundnet logo.
- maps: go to mapquest to get detail driving directions to Deal Island, MD - zip code 21821